Losing your tooth because of aging or accident could be really annoying. Fortunately, you can replace it. You can find many tooth replacement options today. Here, we have information for the option you can take for your missing teeth.
1. Dental Implant
The dental implant uses the jawbone as the base. Moreover, it replaces the natural tooth root. The dental implant will become the support for the crown, bridge or denture that you place later. Secondly, a dental implant is a good option for missing teeth because of an accident, periodontal disease, or other cause.
- 95% success rate treatment,
- Durable and permanent,
- Minimal requirement maintenance,
- Comfortable and aesthetic,
- Protect jawbone,
- Cost effective in term of durability and lifespan.
- Need surgery to install it,
- Need longer treatment,
- More expensive than other tooth replacement options.
2. Four Implant Supported Dentures
You can get full-arch lower denture with four dental implants. Generally, the two implants are placed in the front. However, the other two are inserted at a 45-degree angle at both sides of the lower arch. Moreover using the special clip, you can place full denture with these 4 implants as the supporter.
- More stable and stronger,
- You can enjoy many different foods with it,
- It won’t give you any problem to taste the food,
- Easy to remove and clean.
- Some people find its removable option is annoying,
- Hard or chewy food will move the denture position,
- Need regular maintenance, which cost more time and money.
3. Implant-Supported Fixed Bridge
You can use this option to replace several missing teeth at once. Moreover, you can even replace the entire arch of teeth with this option. Mainly this implant uses the cementing or screwing method to fix it into the base. In addition to this case, the dentist will use the screwing method to install it. It is much more stable and aesthetic.
- Looks natural and beautiful,
- Easy to clean and maintain, just like the tooth-supported fixed bridge,
- More affordable than the single dental implant,
- Last for a very long time,
- Only replacing the missing teeth without disturbing the healthy teeth.
- Only suitable for adjacent missing teeth,
- More expensive than restoring the entire arch of teeth,
- Need more visits and treatment than tooth-supported fixed bridge and denture,
- Need small surgery to install
Tooth-Supported Fixed Bridge
The tooth-supported fixed bridge has two crowns. Moreover, this implant will replace the abutment teeth with its abutment crowns. The dentist will cement this implant permanently. Probably you also can choose any material for the crown, such as metal, porcelain and even gold.
- Work like real teeth,
- Short procedure and treatment (2-3 weeks),
- Easy to maintain,
- However affordable for replacing missing teeth,
- Low-risk treatment.
- Cost a lot more than denture,
- Need removing healthy tooth structure to place the base for supporting the bridge,
- The ground healthy tooth will increase the risk of infection and decay,
- You must clean the area under abutment crowns. Otherwise, it will become a food trap,
- Shorter lifespan than an implant-supported bridge.
Removable Partial Denture
Removable partial denture solves the same arch missing teeth problem. Generally, it uses an acrylic base with cobalt chrome frame and metal clasp. Moreover, the clasp will hold the denture in one place. You also can find the clasp made of nylon, for more aesthetic looks.
- Cheaper than fixed implants or bridges,
- Can restore the gaps between teeth,
- Secondly, it is Comfortable for eating and speaking,
- Non-invasive and quick procedure.
- Some people can feel uncomfortable with it,
- It doesn’t look natural,
- You need to clean and remove it every day,
- Need a frequent replacement,
- Short lifespan,
- Lose easily, especially when you use it to eat hard or chewy food.
Removable Complete Dentures
In addition to this, you can choose this option for saving more money. Mainly it also easy to install and doesn’t need surgery. It uses an acrylic base that looks like gum, which makes it looks natural.
- Help you to improve your appearance,
- Comfortable for eating and speaking,
- Fast treatment,
- Available in many shapes, colors, and sizes. You can choose one that looks most natural for your teeth,
- Adjustable, in case there are jawbone changes.
- Food sticks to it, which can increase the risk of denture damage,
- You must leave it out overnight to recover your gum condition,
- Accelerate the jawbone loss, because of the pressure from its base,
- Moreover, it can move around when you speak or eat,
- It causes pain when it moves around
If you lose front teeth, you can use this solution. It places by using abutment teeth as support. Moreover then, the clip will connect it to the replacement tooth to stabilize it. Therefore, you must have strong and healthy abutment teeth.
This implant doesn’t have strength like permanent or removable dentures. Therefore, you can only use it on front teeth. However, it will become your best solution for cheap and easy dental implants procedure.
- Non-invasive treatment,
- Help you to restore your smile, eating ability and speech,
- Protect your teeth from moving irregularly.
- Moreover, it is not suitable a hard or chewy food,
- It has a short lifespan.
Flipper is a temporary solution. Secondly, you can use it to fill in the missing teeth until you get the more-permanent solution. Although it’s only temporary, at least you can still have a great smile with the help of flipper.
- Super affordable,
- You can use it right after the tooth removing treatment,
- Doesn’t need too much treatment and a visit to the dentist,
- Easy to wear.
- Fragile and not stable,
- Bulky, it feels uncomfortable for speaking or eating.
The tooth replacement options will help you to restore your appearance and smile makeover. However, you need to remember, each of them will give you different tooth replacement cost. Moreover make sure you also consider this matter, for a better result.